This week we’re continuing our celebration of Summer reading with Zibby Owens, host of the podcast Moms Don’t Have Time To Read Books. I had the pleasure of visiting Zibby on her show a little while ago, and today it’s my turn to host.
Zibby and I are chatting about what we’re excited to read this Summer, whether those books are brand new or quite old. Many of you will be happy to hear that Zibby is an avid reader of memoirs, so get ready for a slew of summer-ready non-fiction recommendations for your TBR.
Let’s get to it!
You can visit Zibby and learn more about Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books on her website.
Books mentioned in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
● The Language of Goldfish by Zibby Oneal
● Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding
● Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
● Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
● Persuasion by Jane Austen
● Author Deborah Crombie (try A Bitter Feast)
● The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher
● Author Louise Penny (start with Still Life)
● Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
● The Address Book: What Street Addresses Reveal About Identity, Race, Wealth, and Power by Deirdre Mask
● Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
● The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab
● City of Ghosts by V. E. Schwab
● A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
● Vicious by V. E. Schwab
● Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
● Friends and Strangers by J. Courtney Sullivan
● Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan
● The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner
● Empty by Susan Burton
● Beach Read by Emily Henry
● You Exist Too Much by Zaina Arafat
● The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
● Want by Lynn Steger Strong
● Grown Ups by Marian Keyes
● Grand by Sara Schaefer
● How Beautiful We Were by Imbolo Mbue
● The Girl From Widow Hills by Megan Miranda
● Untamed by Glennon Doyle
● The Ghosts of Eden Park: The Bootleg King, the Women Who Pursued Him, and the Murder That Shocked Jazz-Age America by Karen Abbott
● Anne’s episode of Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books
● WSIRN Ep 180: Rearranging your life to read 600 books a year, w/ Liberty Hardy
● Anne’s famous summer book crate
What are you adding to YOUR crate of summer reads?
If you’re excited about reading, but are never sure what to read next, the MMD 2020 Summer Reading Guide is for you. Skip the overwhelm, bypass the much-buzzed-about-but-underwhelming and find your next great read. Click here to get your copy!